Thursday, September 15, 2011



If you have a blog hosted on Google’s Blogspot service and have a domain, but aren’t ready to commit to a full-fledged hosting package just yet, or like Blogger, you can have your blog hosted by Google on your own domain. It is a service that I took advantage of since I got my own domain.





On the surface, it sounds a bit daunting to do it, but really, it is very simple. In fact, if you don’t have a domain name, Google offer the option to register a domain for $10. I’m not sure if this includes private registration, but I’m guessing it doesn’t, so I would recommend using a registrar like Godaddy where you can get a domain for around $9/year with private registration for $7 per year.

As a matter of fact, I registered with Godaddy and am very pleased with their service. It is easy to change the settings to suit your needs. I’d definitely recommend them. I will note here that the instructions I will give below are suited for you if you have registered with Godaddy. If you need to find the information for your particular registrar, Blogger have the instructions available here.

Pin It!

0 had something to say: